Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Shark that Swallowed the Plastic Bag

Every once in a while one of us gets stuck in a rut but today M my fellow copywriter and I were feeling the same way. We're viewing our respective newsletters with more hatred than usual. We tried all ways to love it, take breaks and come back to it, coax ourselves into believing that there's is still love between us and the newsletters and we just have to find it.

But today our imaginations have decided to take an early labor day break; our ideas are so dry I swear if you lit a match on them they'll combust in two seconds. M wants to murder her newsletter, burn them. My thoughts are less violent. Maybe I could just put the newsletter in a trash bag, tie it up and surreptitiously let it go by the sea. After all it's only a 20 minute drive to the beach. The tide will just carry it out to the ocean and nobody would know.

I heard there are sharks on Catalina island, maybe they'll make a good meal out of it. Well but the plastic bag will mess up the shark's insides, so maybe that's not such a good idea. The dead shark might wash up to shore and the half developed newsletter wrapped in its plastic coffin would be revealed when its stomach is split open by environmental scientists who are eager to uncover why sharks are dying in this region.

Another loud sigh coming from behind. We're just taking turns to take deep breaths now. Taking another look at my newsletter. Maybe if I use a biodegrable waterproof paperbag....

No comments:

Post a Comment